Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why Fight?


My name is Bernardino Carpio Jr. I’m 20 years old and love watching boxing or mixed martial arts. To me boxing isn’t just a sport it’s like a math problem wondering how the guy is going to figure out his next equation. Will the guy throw a combination or will he throw jabs to outpoint the opponent. This isn’t just throwing punches, you’ll have to go in there and find ways to get past the blocks and sways. The best thing about a good boxing match is that it will display heart to keep getting up till you can’t anymore.
For thirty days I will watch one fight and research the two fighters so I can learn about the fighter behind the fighting. I will figure out if the fighter is in charity events if he started his own organization. I will also try to learn about the fighter’s family background and his life before he started fighting. In my 30 day quest I will watch all my fights on youtube because I can’t afford to buy any on television. This will be a difficult quest that requires a lot of time to find the information I want to find and a fight that I get interested in.       
When I’m done with this 30 day quest I want to find out the reasons behind why a person would go into this violent sport. A sport that it’s either hit or to be hit and I don’t think anyone wants to be hit. When I look back on the fights I have watched how being in this sport of violence is not worth all the cash in the world. These fighters can have possibilities of brain damage and much more internal damage then thought possible. On this adventure of figuring out why people go in to such a violent sport I hope it can give me a better understanding. From all the blood and tears I know the sport of fighting is always going to be a sport of heart and moments that will be remembered until the gladiators of the ring are replaced by a new decade of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment